Prerequisites & Requirements
To be considered for the internship, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student.
- Possess strong English oral and written communication skills.
- Be motivated and driven to succeed.
- Have an overall 3.0 GPA (3.2+ is preferred).
- Be able to admit when something is outside of their understanding.
- Be adaptable, flexible, and able to work in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Pride themselves on being consistent.
- Not be repelled by repetitive, data entry driven tasks.
- Have the right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Have an interest in finance or running a small business.
- (Admin Interns) Fluency in the Microsoft Office Suite on a Windows platform.
- (Design Interns) Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite.
Terms & Schedule
- The intern will work an average of 10-15 hours per week (dependent on their class schedule), at the BMWA office in San Francisco's Cow Hollow, for a period of no less than 10 and no more than 12 weeks.
- This internship offers a stipend of $500 paid in two disbursements at the midway point and end of the internship.
- This internship will be renewable or adjustable to a part-time position pending budget and the candidate's performance and future availability.
Duties & Expectations
- The intern will undertake day-to-day administrative duties to begin with and will be trained on more essential business functions as the internship progresses.
- From time to time, the intern may be assigned to assist in tasks including, but not limited to: designing, producing and distributing promotional materials; event planning for clients; & online research related to financial products.
- The intern must be able to commit to the mutually agreed upon schedule and report for work in business casual attire.
Projected Benefits to the Intern
- The intern will benefit from the direct tutelage of both a financial advisor and an information professional with 20 years combined experience.
- In addition, the intern will get a head start on financial industry best practices and become well versed and trained in both regulatory compliance and current industry software.
- The intern will benefit from on-going evaluation and feedback and receive in-depth references in his/her career development in years to come.
All applicants must submit the following:
- a typo-free résumé;
- a typo-free cover letter expressing an interest and previous experience in either: information management/library science; marketing; graphic design; or financial services and day and time availability to work during BMWA's business hours (Monday - Friday, 10am - 6pm); &
- an unofficial transcript proving current enrollment status.
All submissions and materials are to be made electronically via firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete submissions will not be considered and all materials should be packaged in a single correspondence. All attachments should be PDFs. Only those applicants we intend to interview will be contacted.